Chrysler has done it. Capturing peoples alcohol induced, distracted minds during snacks break in the middle the super bowl was no easy task. What better way to connect with true blue, football watching Americans than to add in some Detroit motor city pride. For starters the spot was expertly shot and creates massive amounts of emotion with the imagery they used. It takes you on a journey and again with the target market they were after, pulls you in as if they are talking to you personally. Then they twisted it and scooped up a whole new target market in the spot. Chrysler, to me, is a company for old people to buy cars they have been dedicated to their whole lives. The cars have no inherent allure to the younger generation and have been suffering because of it. The use of Eminem was very smart. It finally opens the company up to being "hip" and cool to drive and actually gives you a feeling of style. Nicely done Chrysler. It's about time you started to think in a new direction, cause like Detroit's economy, I didn't think you would be around much longer.
I love this spot for its overall tone. Although, at the same time I must ask myself, why did Chrysler need so much time in the ad? Were they trying to advertise the city of Detroit? Maybe Chrysler wanted to highlight to the public that good cars are made in the United States? I like the fact that you mentioned the target market. I agree that Chrysler really do know their target market and how to reach out to them. Throughout the spot, I never got the feeling Chrysler was selling the car’s benefits, but rather its great heritage. Good find.
ReplyDelete