Monday, February 21, 2011
FedEx has got you beat by a nose.
Once again I was making my rounds through the ambient section of Ads of the world and ran across this little gem. The idea is strikingly simple and very effective. Being in the wrap industry I love coming across ideas like this because when trying to design new and exciting wraps for people and their companies, these concepts spark a lot of ideas. They are able to place their competitor in the ad without using their name by simply using the distinct colors the company uses. It is a lot of fun too because it does show the competitive nature of the industry and how the speed in which you get the package to the final destination is all the customer is looking for in your service. Nicely done FedEx and whomever thought of this idea originally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha, I didnt get it until I read "Always first" but it totally makes since. FedEx is being really kitchy with this idea but I think its on target and does make them look better than "The other guy"
ReplyDeleteEveryone knows after the media arts project, ambient rarely intrigue me or make me laugh. This ambient did both. As soon as I i saw it, I instantly laughed and the concept was clear. It is a good way of saying we are better than the other brand without showing the other brands logo, but just enough to identify who the other brand is. Good job fedex, hats off to you!
ReplyDelete