Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flower Power

As you all may know now by being my fellow class mates, or you may not if you are a guest reading my blog, that I love to build things and sculpture is really what inspires me. I love when you can walk around something and get a new perspective each time on the same piece. Also ever since I learned about what ambient advertising is, I have had a love for things that really catch you off guard when your anti ad shields are down. These things combined are what really drew me to this ambient idea. The art work is expertly crafted and the 3-D effect of being a pop up is awesome.  It presents you with the product and visualizes another sense you have, smell. The object releases a bit of the product as well so you can combine sight and smell into one experience, which is way more powerful of a memory than if it were just one or the other. If not why would do we all love to scratch and sniff the cologne and perfume ads in magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment