Sunday, October 10, 2010

Politics anyone?

This week I wanted to go with something I usually try to stay away from, politics. This visual was striking and spoke to me without even reading the headline.  The most interesting point for me was actually what language the ad was written in which was Turkish. The headline reads, Stories with the full background.  Then I started to wonder, do they receive CNN in Turkey or is this pushing the online news that the country has more readily available.  Anyways I would first like to comment on the execution of the ad separated from the content.  I love the 3D effect that is achieved and the wrinkled torn paper. This effect really brings forth the emotion captured here as it actually looks like someone tore down part of the poster to reveal the truth. Now separate from the nicely designed ad lies the content of the ad.  First it makes news stations in general look like self promoting, information force feeding, lying, dirty rotten scoundrels, which you may have your own opinions, but I don't think they are telling us anything we don't already know.  Although the image is provocative I think it is a pretty surface area idea and could dig deeper to show us that the news stations don't just report the obvious. This ad doesn't do anything to change my mind about the news channels but it does inspire me to push that extra step in the craft of the execution to convey more emotion and make people stop and look.

1 comment:

  1. mmm...You're right, politics is a touchy subject, but how is this political actually? ..anyways, i read Turkish in the third line so i decided to read your post! XD ..it is a n interesting piece, and really does do the whole 'revealing truth' bit. I don't kno much about American politics, but i know back home, the news is somewhat controlled by the bad people..though occasionally some one slips. Here to right? I mean i know that the news here is pure like "duh" sense at some points, some just seems pointless, and the other bit we dont want to here about it. but uh, i do like this. and ur right it really does look like someone just ripped it.. the truth is always revealed! well...almost always .

    ReplyDelete