Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wrap it up and drive.

So for my first blog I wanted to address an area of advertising I know well but most people don't use yet. Vehicle wraps are becoming a rising trend in the global effort to break through the clutter. Although this medium can be used on a wide variety of projects I would like to focus on just cars and vehicles on the road in general. Cars, trucks, buses and everything else look like ads driving along a long road of magazine. You see the same cars again and again. Even the nice cars in this town don't wow you like they usually would. It makes me think of a magazine where everyone is trying the same old thing in a different color when you have to change the approach all together.  Vehicle wraps make more sense than any other advertising medium because of the cost versus viewer exposure. We are all stuck in traffic all day as we speed from one obligation to another. As we sit we see a vehicle out of the corner of our eye and there is something different. Even if you don't care about the company, you are intrigued. Before you know it you start seeing this brand more and more everywhere you go because you were forced, by traffic, to stare at the ad longer than you could choose. This is why, in short, I believe vehicle wrapping is the dark horse in advertising that no everyone is doing yet, unlike facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment