Monday, April 4, 2011

Two ways of looking at things

Once again I bring you another well executed ambient idea.  On my search to solve this Quietus ambient challenge I have been skimming around looking for good ideas. I think this is a great idea because it does show the bifocal experience of being able to see up close and far away all at once. I also like it because it opens up the possibilities of using this same construct for many other ideas. The direction you view the piece can also be used to your advantage depending on the placement. I also like how they used the traditional signs that rotate images and paused it in the middle so you can't see both sitting in the same spot.  This layout seems like it could be a lot of fun if you want people to see one thing as they walk then when they look back they see something completely different which drives home the message. Overall a clever idea for the proposed problem the company was looking to solve. Good job guys.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah man, Printing is awesome. I really wish we could go to a printing press to learn this stuff. It would be so beneficial to us. Great find and keep designing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those before, and they are pretty cool! The "whole double sided, but I'm really just one side, unless you move over" kind of thing - really makes for an interactive piece, I think.

    ReplyDelete