Once again another spot on advertising execution that is simple and right to the point, with that little twist we all love. What I also love is mimicking others that have come before but finding a way to twist it in your favor. This idea is obviously having some fun with the magazine the Economist. Basically just switching the logo and turning the idea upside down.
I also like it because of the nature of the two magazines is so opposite and the idea behind the installations are so different but at the same time at first glance you may mistake the two as the same. Nicely done mad magazine. I would have taken a picture of myself in front of it and posted it online right away, starting the social media storm I'm sure you were hoping for.


It's a good idea, but I'm not sure why MAD would want to be thought of with another company? Nowadays, companies have to fight for the public's attention and if you're swagger jacking another company's idea than you aren't doing any good in the public eye. I don't think the general public knows what's going on and couldn't tell the difference, but to the trained eye, it just becomes a mere "Been there, Done that."
ReplyDeletekinda agree with Curtis. i mean it's a awesome idea, but it's not that kind of copy-cat attention that they should want. (don't kill me) But i don't know much about Mad magazine, but there is a difference between "borrowing" and just plain stealing--even though they turned it around.
ReplyDelete