Monday, March 28, 2011
Don't forget about Haiti
I chose to focus on this ambient idea because of the current things we are working on for class. It reminded me of the Japan relief posters we have been working on and how a simple visual and a simple headline can really gives you a sense of the devastation. Also it reminded me of how stats work very effective in the our attempts to incorporate them in our Phoenix Ink stuff. They didn't try to create a huge container full of trash, instead they used a space that people could really wrap their minds around then hit you with a stat the blows it out of proportion. It is also sad because due to the Japan devastation that people are forgetting about how destroyed Haiti is as well. Just makes me wonder if those things happened here in America who we would make ads to in the effort to get support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Something that simple makes a big impact. Sometimes hard facts are the way to go. You're right, I think people forgot about Haiti. It seemed like all at once people were helping out then all of a sudden I haven't heard much about it. But that's what this poster is trying to say. It's making people realize that there's still cleaning up to be done in Haiti.
ReplyDeleteI think in this case guerilla has a bigger impact than an ad or a poster. They are already making so many posters for disasters like this. This guerilla is simple but right to the point with a good short copy.. Everyone gets it.. It really makes a big impact. I had even a moment of silence when a saw this.
ReplyDeleteNice post. I was talking to Vivian a little while ago about how cold and sterile statistics can be. This is a really good use of a number, the visual is super impacting! A brilliant use of "space".
ReplyDeleteThis will undoubtedly spark some ideas for our ambient assignment due wed. :]
I my blog post about Japan this week, though it is fresh seeing you remember haiti and the troubles they face still. The american public is lauded into thinking that if we send a ton of money to a disaster are,tings will get fixed.
ReplyDelete